Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The first time Philip and Kristin hung out....from Kristin's perspective

Both of us were late to class one morning during the first week of graduate school. We both really wanted to make a good impression, obviously. So, since we were late anyways, we decided to get breakfast in the school commons area on the way. That's where we introduced ourselves to each other. We began talking about our recent backpacking trips through Europe and realized we had been to the continent, and even some of the same countries at the same time! We continued our discussion through class. Phil must have been quite enthralled by my scrubby skirt and my unkempt hair because he asked me to hang out with him and a few of his friends later that week.

It turns out that he had invited all men to his house, and then there was me. I walked there and knocked on the door to find a group of strange men in a pretty creepy basement apartment. Needless to say, I was pretty sure I was going to die that night.

Luckily, I lived. Phil, Ben, and Bret turned out to be some of my best friends. See Mom, sometimes your "gut instinct" is wrong! :) (Don't worry...I'll never do it again. I have Phil now when I go scary places!)

No comments:

Post a Comment